Index of ZeusBase-Library
- 1. General
- 2. Documentation
- 3. Sub packages
- 4. External Libraries
- 5. Tests
The ZeusBase library builts the base of the whole Zeus-Framework and therefore the cell computing applications. It defines the base classes, the interface handling and the platform data types.
It is also very usable for other C++ projects. It extends the STL or BOOST libraries. It wrapps the classes of STL and provides a simple interface to use them.
There is a complete documentation and explanation of the ZeusBase-Library available.
The documentation includes:
- Description of classes and the API
- Code examples
- Theorie about X-Object and MOM concepts
- Framework extendsion and configuration
There is some documentation online as well (see below).
Documentation of the Zeus-Framework [pdf] (in german only)
Documentation of the ZeusBase Library [pdf] (in german only)
The API documentation includes only class and code documentation.
Lots of concepts implemented with Zeus-Framework are taken from RFC, like:
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.0 (RFC 1945).
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1 (RFC 2616).
- Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax (RFC 2396).
3. Sub packages
The class framework includes a large number of classes and tools. They are grouped within packages and modules. The packages are compiled together into one library called ZeusBase-Library. Modules are libraries which are based on the Zeus-Framework but can be exchanged during runtime.
- xIDL: extended Interface Definition Language
- Differnt data types like lists, strings, variant and more
- Big Integers
- Streaming. IO Stream classes, filter classes.
- Serializing of objects
- X-Objects (XML based object design). [Needs XML_Service-Library]
- File and Directory classes
- Logging. [Needs LOG_Service-Library]
- Settings for applications (Properties, XML)
- Naming service. [Needs NameServer-Library]
- Base classes for Stubs and Skeletons
- RMI classes and interfaces
- Security manager
- Filesystem Access Rights
- Secure Hash and Fingerprint classes
- Encryption and Decryption streams
- DES and 3DES
- Authentication code and methods
- Message Pool [Needs MessageServer and NameServer]
- Different message types
- The MOM 2 implementation
- Module sessions
4. External Libraries
The Zeus-Framework is built on top of the stl and some other open source libraries:
- Boost Library: Regular expression
- ZLib: Compression for filtered streams.
- XercesC: XML Parser
- XalanC: XSL Processor
- Log4CXX: Logging library
- CPPUNIT: Test environment
Some of the packages are optional. To enable the functionality you have to enable the options on your platform include (zeusbase/Config/Platforms/*):
- BlueZ Lib: Library for bluetooth. Works with linux.
The test application [zeusbaseTest] was written to test the major classes of the ZeusBase library. The test application needs a CPPUint library witch is included by the project already. Following libraries are needed to run the test sucessfully:
The test application will be installed in a local [bin]-directory of the project itself.
The test need also following files such as: