- Written by Benjamin Hadorn
Pervasive computing deals with the computational power embedded into daily used objects. The focus of this field is to support the user with all those devices by preventing explicitly interacting when doing his task. The system should interact with the human in a rather implicit and non-intrusive way. Since the number of devices and their current context used in human activity is variable the system must be based on a flexible and reliable coordination framework. A good coordination minimizes the explicit and intrusive interaction between humans and computational devices.
The project Cell Computing Model is concerned with a new paradigm of the computer science world. The stability of the biological organisms is examined and transferred partially as new model to computer science. In the today's computer science there are already models like Grid Computing or evolutionary algorithms. They are concerned on similar problems. Contrary to the existing projects, we offer a comprehensive solution, witch is easier and extensible.
Visit the Zeus Pervasive and Cell Computing site for more technical information about the pervasive computing.
Our goal is to create a pervasive platform for application engineers. Therefore we've created a modular and open framework architecture. It supports the engineers in the usage of artificial intelligence, biological behaviours and developing distributed systems in C++, C# and other languages.
The basic modules of our framework can be easily used to develop also common applications for Windows, Mac-OSX and Linux platforms. It provides a hugh pool of standard functionality abstracting the operation system API.
- Written by Benjamin Hadorn
The current framework is called Zeus-Framework. It is built out of different modules such as Basics, Mathematics, Pervasive Computing and Image Processing.
It serves as framework for the development of
- Dynamic and stable software
- Modular software by the use of software components
- Distributed applications
- Highly complex machine controls with distributed logic
It supports you in
- Designing pervasive behavior in your applications
- Language and platform independent interface definition using xIDL
- Serializing objects
- Distributing objects (remote method invocation)
- Creating and using classes
- Creating object hierarchy (XML based object hierarchy)
- Using genetic algorithmes
Zeus bring you following advantages like:
- high reusability of the software components
- Cost reduction
- Fast and stepwise development
- Software development with large teams, by exact interface descriptions (xIDL)
- Decentralized software development
- Complex systems can be simply built
- Use of Pervasive and Cell Computing Model
- Use of artificial intelligence
- Use of evolutionary software
xIDL: Extended Interface Definition Language
With the eXtended Interface Definition Language xIDL a generic language is used to define module and class interfaces for various programming languages. The language is XML based and allows customized extensions. Therefore it is very flexible and extensible. More...
The C++ implementation of Zeus-Framework runs on different platforms such as Mac-OSX, Linux and Windows. It's portable to other modern operating systems. More...
The C# implementation of Zeus-Framework is tested on Windows and uses .Net-Version 4 at least. The current deployed framework version contains the basic functionality only. More...